Students seeking financial assistance for their college educations often turn to corporations and other companies. Corporations are one of the best sources for scholarships and grants to help offset the high cost of post secondary education. The Monsanto company is just one of the many businesses that offer scholarships to help with the cost of books, tuition, and other expenses.
Monsanto has been offering more than 100 of these awards each year since 1999 and they have given out nearly $1.5 million in assistance.
The Monsanto Commitment to Agriculture scholarships are available through the National Future Farmers of America website. There are 100 of the awards available each year in the amount of $1500. Some of the eligibility requirements include,
- You must be a senior in high school from a farm family
- You must have above average grades
- You must be enrolling full time in an accredited college in an agriculture related major
- You do not need to be a member of FFA to receive the award
The deadline for the Commitment to Agriculture Scholarships is in mid February each year, and the application process opens in November.
Another scholarship award offered by Monsanto was established in 2007 through DeKalb. The DeKalb Ag Youth Scholarship is in the amount of $2500 and there are 10 of these awards available each year. The National FFA Organization administers this scholarship through their website also. Some of the requirements for these awards include.
- You must be a high school senior or collegiate applicant
- You must be enrolled in an agriculture related major
- You must show strong leadership and community involvement
- You do not need to be an FFA member to be eligible
The deadline for these scholarships is in mid February and the application process open in November each year.
In addition to the above criteria the FFA has some scoring guidelines available on their website. The scoring system used to determine who receives these awards encompasses the whole student and not just the academics or leadership skills demonstrated by the applicants. Be sure to review all of the information available for these scholarships as well as any other awards you are applying for.